Pinks + Sheer colors + more OPIs
Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2011 | 12 Comments
I'm sure that all you guys have seen the evil staining on my nails 2 posts back. I want to say THANK YOU for all your wonderful suggestions. My nails are now stain free...well the skin around my nails are now stain free. I still have some minor staining on my nails but nail polish can cover that, the skin was the big problem. So what worked? Everything that you guys suggested.
1. I used a tooth brush (old, one that I wasn't using anymore..can you imagine using my current toothbrush? ewww) and covered it with make up remover and scrubed
2. I also used a sugar scrub on my hands daily
By day 2 the green around my nails lightened A LOT! 5 days later..nothing. No evidence of staining =) Dear readers, Thank you for all your suggestions!
I haven't been wearing nail polish for the last week so I have some old photos that I thought I would bunch together in one post.
1. Here I have OPI Hollywood blonde stamped with konad image plate m57.
To see a swatch of hollywood blonde go here
Image plate: konad m57
Stamped with: Sally Hansen nail xtreme white out
Right before removing my polish I gave myself pink french tips using China glaze strawberry fields. As you can see.. I did a very sloppy job with the french tips.
I think OPI hollywood blonde will always be my favorite office wear/ interview nail polish
2. We have OPI Princess rule! I bought this for $5 and I use it as nail polish filler....as in when my nails are naked and gross looking and I'm about to go out... I'll slap this polish on because I know I will remove it in a few hours. I don't really care too much for this polish and I won't be worried if I use it all up. On a side note, if you can't find OPI hollywoodblonde you could purchase OPI Princess rule! as a substitute because they are quite similar.
I stuck on some fimo? candies to my thumbs..I think they are fimo. www.bornprettystore.com sent these to me for a review. They were part of a plastic wheel full of various decorations. I wish that they sold the candies individually..the plastic wheel contains 2 pink candies, and 2 fuchsia candies, I would love to be able to purchase just the candies. You can check out the plastic wheel of dessert fimo these here: http://www.bornprettystore.com/product_info.php?cPath=67_157&products_id=282
3. OPI Passion, this is my favorite OPI DS nail polish. I own Ds shimmer, Ds original..and used to own Ds glamour (But i'm giving that away)
I just think that this polish looks gorgeous and is very verstile. You could wear it at the office and then for a night out. It's a feminism dainty pink with holographic properties =)
Here's my most recent haul:
OPI: Lincoln park after dark suede, We'll alway have paris suede, Ink suede, Nfu oh 69, Deborah Lippmann Lady sings the blues, Nina ultra pro purple xing
The OPI suede collection will always be my favorite OPI collection of all time. I own everyone except suzi skis in the pyrenees suede and Here Today Aragon tomorrow suede.
I own orly iron butterfly and felt that it was close enough that I didn't need to get suzi skis in the pyrenees suede...for Here Today Aragon tomorrow suede, I didn't get it because it wasn't part of the original suede collection and therefore the finish was a bit different from the others .. i'm not a fan of it the finish.
Hello new followers! Welcome! I've hit 400 followers now because of you guys..(~433)..so I was thinking that I would add to my current giveaway..but no..instead i'll have another giveaway afterwards =) this way we can get in more winners.
**I still need to get caught up on my comments, I apologize. Some people have asked me what fauxnad plates I am giving away, I will post a bigger picture of the plates up