> silver and purple holo comparisions

silver and purple holo comparisions

Posted on Monday, January 3, 2011 | 16 Comments

I've acquired quite a few purple and silver holographic polishes so I wanted to do a comparison for you guys. From the pictures (which you can click on to make them bigger) you can see that there is a difference in the holoness of the polishes. We have scatter holo and liner holo.  You can see this difference clearly when you compare the OPIs with the china glazes. The OPI holographness is everywhere (scattered) versus the china glaze which in a straight line.

I'll start with the purples:

Left to right:
Color club - wild at heart, China glaze - LOL, China glaze -  IDK, OPI -  DS original, Milani -  Hi Res

The brushes, OPI has the largest brush because it's a prowide brush

 One coat/layer of polish, you can see that the polish is opaque for the color club and china glaze

Second coat/ layer, you can still kind of see the nail line for the OPI and Milani

3 coats/ layers of polish
The silvers:
We have left to right:
Gosh - holographic, China Glaze - OMG, OPI - DS shimmer, Color Club - worth the risque
**I also have the china glaze holographic wireless top coat.. I didn't think of swatching it =(

The brushes, once again OPI has the largest brush because it's a prowide brush  


Layer 1/ coat 1 of polish, none of them are opaque with one coat

Layer 2/ coat 2 of polish, Gosh and china glaze are opaque...color club is almost opaque


Layer 3/ coat 3 of polish, You can still see kind of see the nail line for OPI

Layer 4/ coat 4 of polish
**My favorite would have to be the OPIs, shimmer and original

Comments:16

  1. Nice comparison =).

    I think I love them all, I just don't like the idea of applying 4 coats of OPI =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Thanks for the comparisons!

    Follow us @
    CrazyCajunCousins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really great comparison! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love every single one of these! I NEED to get my hands on some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the purple Color Club holo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, I must get China glaze IDK and OMG! So beautiful, I've never seen another polish like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might be in love with 'Wild At Heart'.. Thankies for posting up these comparisons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great comparisons! I'm so glad I found your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They all look so pretty to me!! especially china glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I can afford all those OPI nail polish... They all look so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this great comparison post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @colorfulbottle: agreed. I hate how sheer OPI is. I find that most of their DS polishes are sheer. Argh!

    @CrazyCajuncousins: thanks for your comment! I’m following you guys now!

    @Rachel marie: no problem =) I did the swatches to see If I wanted to get something from tronica

    @ Antoszewskia: I understand you. I love love love purple and silver holos…I’m addicted to them

    @Serena: I really like the color club purple too. It’s just a gorgeous color with or without the holo

    @Diana: they are great aren’t they? It took me forever to find china glaze OMG and I had to get it used but I don’t care. I had to have it and I couldn’t find it anywhere else for sale

    @Cheeto: I’m glad I found your blog =) and your name is super cute

    @silence is loud: your nail designs are incredible!!!

    @Juli: my paycheck from the lab went to my polishes to make me happy =)

    @ABOP: Thanks for your kind comment =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just want you to know I constantly look back at this post-this is such a great review of the major holos out there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome comparisons, I'm happy to say I have all of these minus 2 colors, I guess I should stop now...LOL! Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Antoszewskia: Thanks so much =) I'm glad this post helps you out

    @Miss Blue: thanks =)

    @Jackie S: oh jackie....i too should stop...but I still want more purple and silver holos..I have no idea why,. I mean I don't even wear these much.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.