> | > Nail polish rack!!

Nail polish rack!!

Posted on Saturday, January 1, 2011 | 22 Comments

Happy new year everybody!!!

I hope you guys had a great new year and winter holiday!  I am finally back from the holidays and can blog again!   I have a lot of blog reading to catch up on and comments to write but I will get it done ASAP =)

Since it's a new year, I decided to start off the year with a new layout =)  I changed my blog from the dark blue background to a fresh white one.  

I did get some new nail polish for Christmas but I'll talk about them in another post (psst!..they're nfu ohs).What I really wanted to show you guys is my new nail polish rack:

1. Here's my stash, plus or minus a few polishes

 2. I went to the hardware store and got some wood, $0.61 per feet...white! this is a bonus because I won't have to paint the shelf so this saves me time =)



3. Tada!


This isn't exactly my entire collection, I'm missing 3-4 misc polishes and then I have my top coats and base coats but this is pretty much it =)

I think the best part of my rack is that now I can actually see every color I have and can walk up to my rack and just go " hmmm...I haven't worn this color in a long time, let's wear it today" =)

PS. I got this idea from http://polishedloveaffair.blogspot.com/ and her awesome nail polish rack

Comments:22

  1. How great! I'd certainly be doing a similar if I weren't so clumsy :) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic idea!! I wish I could do something like that.. Maybe someday!! Now this has me thinking of new storage ways..

    And I like the new layout - looks nice (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice new layout! [reminds me that i need to change mine too! haha] and the idea of the polish rack is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!..What a great nail polish collections you have there hun..Love the way you organize your polishes..^_^..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an awesome way to store polishes! I would totally do that except I would never dust it and my bottles would get gross. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love this!! The only thing I can build is a sandwich but I will DEFINITELY have to have the boyfriend make me one of these! Thanks for the Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg, I really like this idea, you have a wonderful collection !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this polish rack! you can eaily see the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is awesome! I wish I could do that but I don't have any room lol. Great idea and I hope you have an awesome 2011 too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your new layout! It's so clean.

    AND WAY COOL collection. It looks like a beautiful rainbow. SOoooo... how many polishes do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to have such a polish rack! Too bad I don't have any space for that in my room, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful display!

    (I like the white blog background, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Thifa: it's really easy, a few nails here and there and done!or you could get the bf to do it =)

    @Delaynee: thanks dee! they were in my drawers..then a box..now on my wall =) I just like to be able to see all the colors.

    @Katrina: new layout for a fresh starts =)

    @-AnGiEpInK- : thanks! I tried to keep the brands and colors together..the bottom shelf is my idon't know polishes

    @Zara: dust! thats the one big problem but I like to dust my desk and shelves every 2 weeks or so that should be alright.

    @Alaina: yes make the bf do it =)

    @Kathrin: thanks Kathrin!

    @Andreea: thanks Andreea! I like to be able to see my polishes and the colors =)

    @Alice @ NailsbyAlice: that's the main reason I did the shelf. I like to see my colors, the nail wheels I had where I Swatched my colors just wasn't working for me. I found it hard to match the colors using the nail wheel

    @Nail Designs xox: no room? what do you have on your walls? I used to have a lot of posters and pictures but I got rid of them

    @Nancy aka Chubby Piggy: thanks nancy....i'm sitting at ~120 polishes..ahh..it scares be because I bought the majority of them this year.

    @Lois: I didn't have room for the rack either but I moved my room stuff around and got rid of a lot of things

    @KarenD: thanks karen!! I think if I do get too many polishes I will prob have to invest in the ikea cabinets..but i'm still at around 120~ bottles so far they all fit on the rack

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whew, that's a lot of nail polish! I love when things are organized neatly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that's a lot of nail polish! I love seeing things organized neatly though; it makes life a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did you build that yourself? And if so how? I sooo want this ..I have some racks ..actual ones..but I sooo love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @lisa = I too also love it when things are organized neatly =)

    @Kriss D = yup..well my dad built it for me but I did assist him =) He has the saw needed to cut to wood so it all worked out well =)

    check this post out: http://polishedloveaffair.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-polish-rack.html

    I follower the dimensions she provided

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, you have so much nail varnish, i am extremely jealous!
    I love your storage :) i really wanted to buy a rack like that but i couldn't find one anywhere. Can't believe you made your own! I might have to try this now x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow how can you say I have a lot? haha I love love love your collection and the rack! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love wall racks like yours, and I wish that I could have one, but I live in an old house and the walls can't hold much of anything - let alone my precious polish collection!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.