> | | | | | | > OPI Suede

OPI Suede

Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2011 | 14 Comments

OPI suede is my all time favorite OPI collection.  It is the only OPI collection where I wanted every single color.  I love this collection more than the it's summer for shore collection 2003 (bright holos), more than the Night Brights collection 2007 (including my private jet, Ink), and more than the Broadway collection 2003 (La Bohemme, Man of La Mancha)
Quick Rundown:

Collection: Suede, Fall 2009
Description of color: Matte but with micro silver glitter making it known as Suede 
Coverage/Coats: 2 coats
Resistance: day 3 only tip wear, no chipping
Drying Time: Incredibly Fast
Nail Art Stamping: Does not stamp, dries too fast
Base coat used: Nubar Nu nails
Removal: Harder to remove than an OPI Cream polish (e.g. Jade is the new black) but easier to remove than an OPI glitter (e.g. Mad as a hatter)


1. The first swatch is We'll Always Have Paris Suede

 

2. The second swatch is Russian Navy Suede


3. The third swatch is Ink Suede


This is a swatch of the original Ink

  

4. The fourth swatch is Lincoln Park After Dark Suede

5. The fifth swatch is You Don't Know Jacques Suede 

6.The sixth swatch is Orly Iron Butterfly...Unfortunately, I haven't gotten my hands on Suzi Skis In The Pyrenees Suede yet..so this is my temp. substitute for it.This is almost a dupe for Suzi Skis In The Pyrenees Suede.

 

 I know that Russian Navy Suede and Ink Suede look similar so I did side by side swatches for comparisons. Lincoln park after dark suede is also seen in the photos

This photo is inside under white light

 This photo is outside under sunlight

People have complained that the Suede collection chips after a few hours of application, I have not had this problem.  Below is a picture of what day 3 tip wear looks like.

Do you guys have any all time favorite nail polish collections?

Comments:14

  1. I ilove the look of these, but not the feeling when they're dry for some reason. I also love a nice topcoat over it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous..Love all your nail polishes color.. How did you manage to take care of your cuticle?.. mine is very dry even though I apply nail balm everyday..=(..Mind to tell me what should I do?..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way these look but matte polishes seem to lack something that the glossies have...maybe flexibility??? I don't know exactly, all I know is that when I wear them, my nails actually split right down the middle from tip to quick. Sucks...so I have to wear them with a topcoat. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every single colors is awesome... But I like "Ink" the most. Such a gorgeous color. Love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I ended up getting most of the suedes eventually, though I sort of wish they'd given them their own names--LPAD & LPAD suede are two different things, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this post! I have Lincoln Park After Dark and it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have a fave collection, I have trends that I like at times.
    Right now I like mattes/suedes.
    So this post came in the perfect time for me to go shopping!
    Thanks for sharing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look beautiful on you...for some reason I just don't like matte nails on me. I'm going to try and get Illamasqua Scorn and see if I like more satin mattes better. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful I've only have one of these to bad :( and can't find them at a reasonable price anymore.
    I love the China Glaze Kaleidoscope collection, think this is one of my favorites. (I have Kaleidoscope week on my blog showing older swatches and creations)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photos you sent me were awesome! Its so funny you made this post today because I picked up 3 more Suede's today....Ink Suede, Lincoln Park After Dark Suede, and You Don't Know Jacques Suede. I decided I didn't want Suzi Ski's... If you cannot track it down, let me know and I'll "help" you out. LOL Thanks for the excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually dont like matte that much but these are so prettty!(=

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'd like to have that Russian Navy Suede. I love midnight blue polishes.

    new follower here btw. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't have any favourite collection of nail polishes...I just like to paint my nails a different colour each time

    ReplyDelete
  14. i dont have a matte nail polish yet but i really want to try these out!!! i love your nails.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.