Zebra stipes and pears
Posted on Monday, November 22, 2010 | 14 Comments
Jessica from Bornprettystore.com sent me some wonderful nail art items to review so I decided to use a few of the items together to create my manicure today.
I loved these! It adds a little extra oomph to the manicure. I also love having 3 different sizes to choose from, when I get these from a craft store I have to buy different sizes individually and it gets pricey and annoying.
I used the tool that is rounded on one end and has a pointy tip on the other end
I was very disappointed with the steel balls because the colors were mixed up. I would not recommend purchasing these, instead, purchase the individual packaged steel balls.
The rhinestones I used were not sent to me for review. I bought them from ebay but Born pretty sells a similar rhinestone wheel
On to the Manicure:
- I applied China Glaze 2NITE diagonally on my tips
- Konaded zebra stripes using image plate M57 with Wet'nWild Black creme
I had a problem with not all the zebra print transferring so I used the black 2 way nail art brush to draw in some of the lines ( I will do another review for the 2 way nail art pens)
- Cleaned up the nail stamping with a paint brush and pure acetone
- Used the 2 way nail art pen in silver glitter diagonally
On top of the glitter line, I stuck on blue rhinestones, pearls, and silver steel balls using the dotting tool
- And then of course top coat to make it all shiney =)
- you can see that a pink steel ball was placed onto my index finger, this is due to the steel balls all mixing up during the shipment. =( It's hard to separate the colors now
I live in Canada and it took 1 week for the shipment from Hong Kong to arrive. This is incredible, usually it takes 2+ weeks for anything shipped outside of North America. I was very impressed with the shipment. Everything was packaged tightly and with bubble wrap.
I am very pleased with http://www.bornprettystore.com. In the future I would love to get the 18 Colors Acrylic System Nail Art Powder Liquid Mold set. I hope they get more molds =)
Disclaimer - The products were sent to me for review with no payment. My opinion is an honest one.