GO Canucks GO!!!
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2011 | 13 Comments
I'm back from my mini hiatus and what better way to announce my return than to do a post featuring my number one hockey team: THE VANCOUVER CANUCKS!!
The Vancouver Canucks have made it to the Western Conference Final...being from Vancouver...this is HUGE!!!!
Lately I have been rocking Canucks inspired nails.Last year I was sporting Fin, the Canucks orca whale mascot on my thumb:
This year I'm going for a more subtle look (I'm working as a research technician in a private pharmaceutical company so I gotta keep it classy ^_^ ).......I'm going for V for Vancouver, green and blue for the Canucks
Colors used: OPI Jade is the new black, N.Y.C Skintight Denim
I have a tutorial for you guys so that you can all rock nails similar to mine:
1. Tape! I used scotch tape and cut the tape so that I would have a clean corner. This corner decides how wide your V will be.
2. You need to put the tape on your hand, arm, shirt etc to make it less sticky. If you don't do this, the tape will be way too sticky and can ruin your design.
3. Put the tape on your nail
4. Paint the section not covered by the tape. Don't worry about how you paint it because the tape will help guide the V shape design. I just follow along the edges of the tape.
5. Remove the tape and voila!
6. For another color, follow steps 1-5 again
7. Take off the tape, voila! You can make the V thicker if you want, it depends on where you put the tape.
Polishes used: OPI We'll always have paris suede, Orly Iron butterfly, China Glaze millenium