OPI Touring America Swatches
Posted on Sunday, July 24, 2011 | 9 Comments
Today I have swatched 6 out of the 12 colors available in the OPI Touring America Fall 2011 collection.
In the next few days I will do swatch comparisons for these 6 polishes, I don't really have anything that is a dupe for these colors. This Fall 2011 collection is more of a creme focused collection ( there is a tiny hint of shimmer in about 4 of the polishes). People were wondering why there were such bright colors part of the Fall collection....I think that they added the bright colors to help transition from summer to fall. Start off with the bright colors then slowly get dustier and darker colors.
Please note that I color corrected my photos to make sure that they give an accurate representation of the OPI colors...but I do realize that different computer monitors do have different color settings :( Sorry, I tried my best for you guys.
1. The first polish is Road House Blues. This took 2 coats. It is a very dark blue creme...indigo.
2. The second swatch is A-Taupe the Space Needle. This took me 3 coats to get it even. A lot of people say it is taupe...a brown with grey in it..to me it is more of a chocolate brown..I don't really see the grey in it.
3. The 3rd swatch is Get In The Expresso Lane. This took 3 coats to make it even. This brown is so dark it almost looks black in certain lights. I think that the name was a very good name for this polish....it is the color of coffee beans.
4. Color 4 is French Quarter For Your Thoughts. 3 coats to even out the application. This is a concrete/ elephant-Dumbo grey. :) This is a very safe fall creme.
5. Color 5 is I Eat Mainely Lobster. This needed 3 coats. This is a fun coral color to transition from summer to fall. There is a hint of gold micro shimmer in it. You can see it in the bottle picture if you click on the picture.
6. Color 6 is my favorite color from the collection. It is Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window. This is a dusky milary camo green. I think it is gorgeous. It took 4 coats to even out. At 1 coat it looked like pea soup, not very attractive but with more color build up/ coats it became gorgeous.
Availability: August 2011 at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA. For more information, please call 800-341-9999 or visit www.opi.com. Follow OPI on Twitter@OPI_PRODUCTS and become a Facebook fan!
The products in this post was provided to me for review. Please see my disclosure page for more information