> OPI Spider-Man Collection Swatches & Review

OPI Spider-Man Collection Swatches & Review

Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2012 | 4 Comments

Today I have the Amazing Spider-man OPI collection to show you guys.  This is a limited edition collection that will be available beginning May 2012. 

 Left to right: Shatter The Scales/Green Shatter, Into The Night, Number One Nemesis, Just Spotted The Lizard, My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Your Web Or Mine?, Call Me Gwen-Ever

The first color I have is Into The Night.  Into the night is a  shimmery slightly frosty blue polish that requires three coats to be opaque. It starts out extremely sheer but builds up beautifully. I was surprised it only took 3 coats to be opaque since I thought it would stay sheer. 




The next color I have is  Just Spotted The Lizard.  Everyone says that this is a dupe to Chanel Peridot. I don't own Peridot so I can't make a comparison. This polish has a similar finish to the previous polish Into the Night. Just Spotted The Lizard is a shimmery frosty gold/ green polish.  This polish only required two coats.






The next polish I have is Number One Nemesis.   This is gold, grey, green shimmer polish that reminds me of Hard Candy Mr. Wrong. I will have to make a comparison post for you guys.  I used three coats, I should have maybe used four coats.

 



Next we have Call Me Gwen-Ever.  This is a dusty orange polish that required only two coats. I know it doesn't really look dusty but trust me it is! I really liked the application of this polish, it went on smoothly with no balding/ patchy issues.


  


 The next polish is my least favorite polish from the collection.  Your Web Or Mine?  It's not that it's an ugly polish but a pink frost polish just doesn't work for me. I used two coats for this polish.  The one thing that surprised me was that this frost polish did not show brush strokes...this is rare for a frost polish since almost all frost polishes show brush strokes.

 

 

 

My Boyfriend Scales Walls is my favorite polish from this collection. I honestly don't know why I like is to much. I guess it is because the white polish applied like a dream. There was no balding patchy issues and it was opaque in two coats.  It will be my go to white. 

 



Lastly from the collection we have Shatter The Scales/Green Shatter.  OPI makes the best shatters around. The shatter polishes ALWAYS shatter.  I applied Green shatter over My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  I used one thin coat on the pinkie finger and it was too thin so I immediately applied a second thicker coat and the polish still shattered perfectly.  For the rest of my fingers I used one thick coat.






The limited edition Spider Man Collection will be available beginning May 2012 at Professional Salons and Spas for $9.95 CAN suggested retail for each Nail Lacquer.

Please note that these polishes were sent to me for my unbiased review.  If you have any questions, please see my disclosure policy.

Comments:4

  1. I'm disappointed with this collection, they're not the colours I enjoy wearing. I don't like orange but Call Me Gwen-Ever looks amazing on you! I'm tempted :p and green shatter looks great ... on a side note, I can't believe the frost finish still exists

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its nice nail paint and i like the shades of the color and creativity shown here is also good. Its nice to create such kind of designs with polish.

    Party Wear Salwar suits

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice mani.please visit my blog end subscribe end i will do the same on yours.let's follow us .http://pictura-pe-unghii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.